Monday 22 March 2010

Salted Salmon


This time will be quick post. No long introductions.
Everyone knows about smoked salmon. But very little people knows that instead of buying smoked salmon you can make your own- salted, which tastes even better (at least for me).
Just buy salmon fillet or cut the fillet out of whole fish. Slice the fillet in thin slices trying cut them bigger as possible.
In the container (that's what I usually do), where you will store your salmon, lay down one layer of the fish, season with sea salt, freshly crushed black pepper and a very little of sugar. Repeat the process every lay until all the fish is layered. Put some bay leafs every 2-3 layers. Leave in the fridge for 12 hours at least. Consume within the time you think is consumable:) (my opinion best within 2-3 days).
It's very great for starter or served with the boiled egg (cut in halves) by the side. I love it to have for my weekend breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment