Sunday 21 March 2010

Cold Beetroot Soup

The sun is shining outside with the strong spring feeling inside. So been going to car-boot sale but it seems it was a bit to early. Spent about 3 hours in traffics (where the hell all those people going sunday early in the morning, maby to car-boo sales as well?:).
So after annoying trip and unsuccessful hunting for bargain (what a wasteful Sunday spending when such nice weather) I decided to have something cool (just to cool down my anger:). And this cold beetroot soup was the best fit. Already while sitting in the car I could taste in my imaginations that refreshment. Yes, refreshment. Honestly, you should try it in hot summer days and this will be ideal refreshment (without alcohol sure:) keeping your hunger down. Just look at the picture (I know, the picture is not professional, I done it with my iPhone, but once will get the professional one I think the quality of pictures will improve). It takes only minutes to prepare and it's very easy.


And here is the recipe:

1 jar (0.5) of slightly pickled beetroot (although you can use simply cooked ones)
Half fresh cucumber
2 hard boiled eggs
Bunch of spring onions
Small bunch of dill
0.75-1l greek yogurt (I'm using kefir)
Some milk (just to make yogurt thinner)


Grate beetroots (or use the ready grated ones from your thin) and cucumber i the pot. Chop hard boiled eggs, spring onions and dills. Mix greek yogurt with some milk (just to make a bit thinner consistence- but not too thin). Pour it in to the pot over your ingredients, add some salt and mix well.
It's done! Easy, isn't?
Serve accompanied with steamed or boiled baby potatoes.
And don't forget to tell me if it was refreshing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment