Sunday 21 March 2010

Pan fried Turbot with cinnamon carrots

Today I went with the family to Waitrose. My daughter needed some milk for breakfast. Actually this is the place I love most. It is a bit expensive but is worth to buy because of the quality, freshness and friendly customer service. Although you can find some really cheap products if their date is nearly to expire. So decided to take a look today at the fish counter if there is something cheap (as I said, I'm just simple guy not some investment banker). I came across the fish called Turbot. I still have no idea what it is but for me looked it nice and, in my way, I already imagined the finished product on the plate with finished taste. Ofcourse you can try this with any other fish (I would suggest the white fish fits best). This is how I imagined it and how it looked on the plate (still don't know what kind of sea animal Turbot is but it tasted great).













Message for food professionals: maybe it doesn't looks impressive, but sorry, I never read the cooking books despite having bunch of them at home (still hope one day I will need them).

Pan fried Turbot with cinnamon carrots
(portion for two)

2 Turbot (kinda sea beast) filet
1 middle size carrot
sunflower seeds
0.5 orange
cinnamon


Make some cuts (not deep) across the turbot filet and fry it in preheated pan on the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In as mall pan preheat a table spoon of olive oil. Fry thin cut carrot stows for one min and add sunflower seeds. Season with salt and pepper and fry it for another min. Peel the halve of orange and cut in cubes. Ad to carrots and fry for another 0.5-1 min. And at the very end sprinkle some cinnamon and mix all.
That's how I wanted to be served, but you can do it your way (I think it would taste good with steamed vegetables or potatoes).
Put in the middle of the plate leaf of lettuce salad. Serve the hot fish on the middle of salad leaf with the carrot mixture on top of the fish.
It tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment