Wednesday 7 April 2010

Honey baked Banana with cinnamon

I remember some time ago been visiting Chinese restaurant but can't really remember what country was it and when. I remember only I head baked banana and the taste was amazing. One day I head loads of bananas at home and no cakes (my wife and daughter loves cakes:). After the dinner we been in the mood for something sweet but all the shops has been closed as it was Sunday. Then I came with the idea to recreate baked bananas but in my own way (as I really could nor remember the original dish). I checked what the products I've got and there was enough to mix some ingredients and get the flavour I wanted. The taste was amazing and I prepare it every time I have bananas. Its easy, quickly and delicious.


You will need:

Banana
Honey
Butter
Cinnamon
Vanilla (optional)

Melt in the pan on small heat some butter and honey and mix well. If you like more sweet ad more honey, but I putting about one spoon. Now you can add some vanilla if you like. But that's additionally. Cut the bananas along and bake the halves until light brown. I usually baking about 2 min on on side and 1 min on other.
Put on the plate, pour over the caramelised honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment