Friday 3 September 2010

Mouth watering Pike Farci



Holiday, holiday, holiday.... Long time ago have promised to my aunt (I would like to add also many times in that period:) to visit her and that was the moment I could no refuse any further. Jumped in the car with my family, took my parents and there we are. Once we came in I thought there will some kind of wedding or posh dinner for.... lets say.... 20 persons? :) The table was braking down from the ballast of the food and all dishes looked so delicious! There was something on the table I think loads of people haven't seen anything before- Pike Farci or in other words stuffed pike. Its looked like still live with the eyes (ok, red grapes was perfect eye replacement) looking at me and telling: "Eat me!".
After 5 hours of eating and drinking (ladies had Champagne and boys had vodka) catching the equilibrium on legs and the recipe in my hand I been heading to the bed. We had a nice time. And I was excited to make something like this myself. And I made it! Here we go.

Ingredients:

Pike, whole with the head on
Onions, 2
Cooked carrots, 2
Butter, slightly
White bread, 3 slices
Sour
Cream, 100g
Egg, 1 unit
Dill, fine chopped
Parsley, fine chopped
Salt, to taste
Black ground pepper


Cooking:

Clean the pike without damaging skin and cut out all the flesh leaving only skin with the head on. Cut out the eyes. Separate flesh from the bones. Fine chop onions and fry on the pan until gold and leave to cool. Ground de-boned flesh of the fish with the grinder along with fried onions and cooked carrots. Cut the skins of the white bread slices and soak for 20 min in sour cream. Add to the mince slices of white bread soaked in sour cream, whisked eggs, fine chopped dills and parsley, season with ground pepper and salt and mix well everything. Additionally if desired you can mix in some green petite garden peas. The longer you mix the more fluffy mince you will have. Stuff pike with made mince and close belly. Place on the baking tray with some oil and bake in preheated to 160 degrees oven for 50-60 min.
Once serving, instead of eyes you can place the red grapes or anything what is in your imagination;) Just be creative! Otherwise the pike will bite your finger off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment