Wednesday 30 June 2010

Pan fried duck liver with balzamic orange

Last day a had a duck for my guests but unfortunately did not make any pictures. So decided there is no point to post a recipe of my duck as I know from myself what is like only to read but not see (preferably if possible I would rather taste it then read the recipe:)
The duck I bought in "Waitrose" had a liver stacked inside of it. I took it out before marinating the bird, left in the fridge and found only next day. So decided to do something out of it. My guests was very impressed by the creativity and look of the dish and more surprisingly by the taste.
I just made it out of something what I found by my hand at the moment. You can follow my recipe or just be more creative and make it out of your own products you have by your hand.
What you will need.

1 ducks liver 200 g white wine
50 g soya sauce
0.25 bunch coriander
balsamic vinegar
1 orange
olive oil


Marinate ducks' liver in the mix of white wine, soya sauce, pepper and a dash of sugar for about two hours. Fry it in the pan on olive oil for 5 min on both sides. Add chopped coriander and fry for another 1 minute.
Put a bit of olive oil on another pan, pour some balzamic vinegar and add a bit of sugar. Stir well until the sugar melts. Put thick cut orange slices and fry for 1 minute on each side.
Serving suggestions you can see from the picture above;)

No comments:

Post a Comment